Thursday, July 22, 2010

3 months.

Dear Sophie,

Today you are 3 months old.  Tomorrow you will be 16 and asking me for the car keys.  I'm home with you all day every day and still I feel like if I blink I am missing something or a moment will go by that I won't remember.

As I write this, you are sitting next to me in your bouncy seat (aka the magical poop chair - story for another time) alternating between chewing on your hands and drooling on your pooh blankey.  You pull them as far away from your face as you can to examine them, then your eyes light up and you get this look like you've never seen anything so delicious in your entire life and plow them into your mouth.  Obviously it is adorable.

Now you are starting to nod off and it is pretty rare that you fall asleep without your daddy or I holding you.  In some ways it's a relief, and yet I miss the opportunity to snuggle with you while I still can.  Especially on a gloomy rainy day like today.

You've been smiling since you were 1 month old, but 2 days ago you laughed for the first time.  It lit up the room.  Until now, you've been really trying hard to laugh (and discover your loud voice) by giving us a lot of squeals and other new sounds, but the other day was the first time you put it all together.  Apparently my dancing and singing along to California Gurls by Katie Perry with you laying in my lap is what did you in.  I'm sure it was quite a sight!  At the time, your daddy was running on the treadmill and that little laugh almost stopped him in his tracks.  Some of your favorite songs right now (although some are slightly inappropriate - but the beat is good!) are Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti, California Gurls by Katie Perry, OMG by Usher, and the Cupid Shuffle by...well...I don't know who.

Another one of your favorite things is for us to hold your hands while you're laying down and say "Up up up!" while gently helping up pull up to a sitting position.  Except this isn't always enough for you...you want to stand!  When we get to the top of your sitting position, you manage to pop your little legs up and stand like it was the plan all along.  Screw that rolling over and crawling stuff!  One day you're going to just stand up and run across the room.  We're going to need to get that baby gate for the top of the stairs to the basement sooner rather than later.  Now that you know you can sit up with our help, you're trying to sit up on your own at every opportunity - your bouncy...your rocker...your car seat.   You are determined. In the mean time, you're working very hard towards some abs of steel.



There is so much more I could tell you about yourself right now, but I will save them for other rainy days.

I love you, little bear.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment