Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Your first Brewers game

Dear Sophie,

Tonight we took you to your first Brewers game!

You did great! I, on the other hand...

It was 80 something degrees with some ridiculous percentage of humidity. I couldn't stand it and was sitting in a pool of my own sweat. And since I was so hot, you were getting hot, and I didn't like that you was so hot and sweating too. I also will probably feel guilty forever at how loud it was in there. I kept covering your ears. You don't notice just how loud stuff is until you have a baby I think.

You didn't make a peep - just loved looking around at people. Eventually, you just fell asleep.

We did end up leaving early though. Besides how awful it felt in there, the game sucked and was moving SO slow. TWO hours in it was only the top of the 4th. Screw that.

It was a learning experience for all of us, and we'll definitely do it again soon.


Random fun fact for you...Growing up in Portland, Oregon, we didn't have a baseball team.  Most people rooted for the Seattle Mariners, but I was a Brewers fan, as was your Grandpa Tim's entire side of the family.  Tom Trebelhorn was the manager of the Brewers at the time, and he is your Grandpa Tim's 2nd cousin, so a lot of us on that side of the family would head up to Seattle anytime they played there.




There will be many more games.

Love, Mama

Mama





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment