Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Life as your mama.

Dear Sophie (and any future children we might have),

I've been putting this off for a long time because...well...I have no excuse other than Your Mom Is A Huge Procrastinator.  Since before you were born I've had this sort of internal dialogue full of things I want to remember from this time and would love for you to be able to see sometime in your adult life.  I would have loved to have had something like this so maybe you'll appreciate in someday too.

I haven't quite decided how I want this to go, but I know that I need to start writing.  Sometimes I might write directly to you...other times maybe just about you.  I can't decide who I'm going to share this with as I go.  If I share it with everyone (like I tend to do with all things), I might not be as comfortable saying all I want to say...but at the same time keeping it private would kind of go against what has always been "me".  I've always prided myself a little on my openness and ability to speak frankly...sometimes (or often) to my own detriment. 

You will be 3 months old tomorrow and I already feel like it's going so much faster than it should be. Every day there is a new sound or expression or skill you start picking up.  There are so many little things that I don't want to forget and sometimes I feel like they are already falling away from me.  I will write those things that I remember, and try to be good about the stuff that comes up. 

Nothing could have ever prepared us for the love and happiness you have brought to our lives.  It's like you've always been here.  We love you so much and I can't wait to write about our lives together.

Love,
Your mama

(here is where some people from our generation will insert some "yo momma" jokes - you'll get it someday)

No comments:

Post a Comment